Friday, May 8, 2009

March - Today Books

March:

The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales by the Grimm Brothers
***Changeling by Delia Sherman (past post on this one)
Heck: Where the Bad Kids Go by Dale E. Basye
***The Order of Odd-Fish by James Kennedy (also in a previous post)
***Scat by Carl Hiaasen
Madapple by Christina Meldrum
Wake by Lisa McMann
Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier


Peeps, The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld



April:


***St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell;
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman;
Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco Stork;
***Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist (previous post);
Fade by Lisa McMann;
My Booky Wook by Russell Brand;
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson;
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith


May:


***Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen;
Feed by M.T. Anderson;
The Rules of Survival
by Nancy Werlin;
Betwixt
by Tara Bray Smith

I thought I'd share the books I've been reading the last couple of months. I'm a very avid reader, as you can tell, I've got an average of 10 books a month. It really depends on my mood, I think. I like to escape to these other worlds and live vicariously through the characters.

I've labeled (***) the books I've enjoyed most, but I've mentioned a majority of those in previous posts, so the titles might look a little familiar.

I've enjoyed all of the books I've read these last couple of weeks. Each of them had something unique to offer. I could write summaries of every single one of them, but I figured I'd leave that to the professionals, and instead I've linked all of the books' amazon pages.

A little note: most of these books contain profanity and/or adult themes and content. Except for Changeling, Heck: Where the Bad Kids Go and most of the Grimm's fairytales, they're for more mature readers.

1 comment:

Mike said...

yumm... boooks... these look pretty interesting. I'm not one to judge books by their covers, but well... most of them had pretty nice art for the covers. For some reason, I really liked "Changeling." Maybe it's a sign that I should read it..